- Low profile “positive action” slide switch will not accidentally activate and drain battery
- Low profile LED minimizes reflection of light when used shooting through windows
- The Lightning Strike! 3.0 version has upgraded to improve its noise immunity (shutter hammer) from man-made sources. This helps to reduce unintended camera firings
- Day or night detection of fast lightning events
- 0.1 ms response (trigger lag) time from lightning event to camera trigger (does not include camera shutter lag)
The AEO Photo Lightning Strike! Micro 3.0 Shutter Trigger with 2.5mm (0.09″) Cable for Canon and Pentax Cameras is a light and motion activated camera triggering device designed to capture images of lightning, fireworks and other light producing events. The Lightning Strike! Micro 3.0 Trigger can give you a leg up on that tricky enterprise. Attached directly to your camera’s hot shoe, the Micro 3.0 detects lightning in the distance and triggers your camera in an incredible 0.1 milliseconds to capture the power and beauty of a lightning strike.The Lightning Strike Micro 3.0 is incredibly compact and well designed, measuring 2.75″ x 2.25″ x 0.75″ (7.0 x 5.7 x 1.9 cm). It features include a low profile LED to minimize reflections when shooting through windows and a sliding ON/OFF switch that will not activate accidentally in your camera bag. It is compatible with most DSLR cameras and utilizes cables specific to each camera. This Micro 3.0 comes with a Subminiature 2.5 mm cable and is compatible with Canon G10, Canon Rebel, Canon Digital Rebel, Rebel XT, Rebel XSi, Rebel XTi, EOS Elan, EOS IX and Pentax K10D, K100D, K20D, K200D cameras.